Sunday 11 September 2011

Model Magazine International #162

I've had this magazine for some time now (April 2009) when I was intending to make an Airfix kit of HMS Hood, I still intend to approach this project but for now its the larger model I'm working on.


Tamiya's Model Magazine International Issue 162 contains a great article written by Ted Bunn who build the Trumpeter's HMS Hood kit with all the WEM after-market parts. It has some great close up shots of his work, I've scanned a few pictures and linked the back issue below.

Go to shop on the Tamiya page and then back issues.

I noticed that he used some 1.350 crew, they have got to be be tiny, even my 1.200 is small, but looking at the pictures I think you'll agree it does add to the model.











I do love the waterline effect on model battleship, it just add's another dimension to them, maybe some food for thought on a waterline for the 1:200 model?  More of that later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment