Saturday 11 February 2012

Hood Build - Week 21


Sorry this has been delayed, life has taken over as I'm sure most of you know how that feels, making model ships tend to take a back seat. So I'm hopefully back on track. Lots of little support pieces  and the last of the false deck to add, as I still have not received  Issue 20 I'll be using the scratch deck I've made, not ideal but there's not a lot I can do, I've been assured it has been ordered and hopefully in a few weeks I'll have it. But it looks like after this Issue we are onto planking. Batten down the hatches!!!!



Same as before number all part before taking them of the ply fret, as there are small parts this is critical.

Laying the last of the false decks over the plans and as per usual it is pretty much spot on, I do however have another!!! warped piece that needs tending to....again!

But first moving onto the support parts (a few of them) I again always dry fit, I know its small and wont be seen but its worth checking, notice they are not flush with the frame, it doesn't say anything about this in the magazine so I'll assume, as we have to sand the frames to prepare for planking I don't think this is an issue.

The next set of support pieces are a little harder to add if like me your still screwed down on your build board, either way simple enough to add and hold firm until the glue has cured.

I know..overkill but hey, rather that now than something coming loose when your banging in a nail on the planking stage.

So now I have to deal with the warped ply, nothing to technical here, something I've always done to flatten ply and it works, your's may vary but the principle is here. Don't be in a rush if you ply is warped, just take your time.



Adding weight and clamps to the last false deck..hopefully all is good.


Next Issue start the planking:)

No comments:

Post a Comment